Mother-Son Puberty & Communication Workshop
This is an interactive workshop is for mothers and their sons, ages 10-12. It’s 2 hours long, and is designed to be informative, connecting, and fun.
Moms and sons will work together to:
- play a game that will test and challenge your communication
- talk about what makes for good (or bad!) communication
- learn a little bit about puberty in boys
- talk a little about what puberty is like
- role model that talking about puberty is something that boys CAN do with their mothers!
- have fun, I promise. :^)
If you have fears or concerns about your ability to tackle topics like facial hair, voice changes, body odor, hygiene, or… nocturnal emissions (!) consider this workshop your helper. In a small group with other moms and son, everyone will get comfortable and talk about good communication and what can get in the way. That’s followed by a brief lesson and games on the changes a boy’s body goes through during puberty. You and your child will appreciate the information, especially the matter-of-fact way that it is presented. You will leave with a positive experience–a touchstone–that you can refer back to in your future discussions. Your son will have a little more information about puberty, and real-life proof that he can talk about these things with his mom.
A sample of feedback from moms:
- Your fun and relaxed attitude about it all was great.
- Really enjoyed this. My son was dreading it, but I can tell he really liked it. :^)
- Making us move around was great.
- Workshop exceeded my expectations.
- The interactiveness & casual approach to this factual information really made it comfortable to discuss this & have the boys participate.
- The Q & A in the small group really helped to normalize the conversation.
- I was a 7 (comfort level) before coming, I’m definitely a 10 now.
- It was helpful to learn that I already know what I need to know about the biology of what happens.
- It was really helpful how you made it seem “normal” to discuss puberty and body subjects out loud.
- I think that the communication portion is obviously so important. So glad it was a focus & that we got to practice.
- I think it was really helpful & comfortable.
- It was all good.
A sample of feedback from sons:
- I thought it was going to be boring but it was awesome!
- I thought this was fun.
- You should do this workshop with your mom.
- I think this was a good learning experience for everyone.
- I liked the interviews.
- There was nothing I didn’t like.
- It was great and I recommend it.
If you would like more information on my workshops, or to schedule a workshop,
please email me through the contact page.