Parenting the Defiant Child Book Group
Don’t let the book title scare you–this is for parents of ANY child
“Parenting the Defiant Child,” by Alan Kazdin
This is an easy-to-read, and easy to relate to, parenting book. The author, a parent and psychologist, bases his book and his proven methods on decades of behavior research. The book, and our discussion, will cover:
- Myths about parenting, discipline, and shaping behavior
- Evidence-based strategies for encouraging the behaviors you DO want
- Praise, and how to do it best
- Punishment, and why you don’t need to use much, if any
- Honest, supportive conversations about YOUR toughest behavior challenges
Who: Parents of any age child.
When: Not currently scheduled. Please email to schedule if you are interested!
Cost: $45 for the 3-session series, if you pre-register, $55 after.
Parents speak about this workshop:
- “It totally changed my relationship with my kids”
- “This book has changed the way I parent”
- “It was great!”
- “Very supportive and open”