Simplify the Season Workshop–this weekend, Nov 9th.
Do the holidays cause you stress? Too much travel/spending/obligation, and not enough meaning, fun, and connection? Do you ever feel let-down after the presents are opened? Clarifying and refocusing on your values and priorities can make Christmas more memorable, rejuvenating, and rewarding. This workshop will cover:
- What’s not working for you now
- Identifying your true values and priorities
- Christmas, aka your part-time job
- Gift-giving, family issues, obligations, traveling, conflict and communication.
- 3 steps towards fixing things
Two workshop times are offered: Both are this Sunday, November 9th. Again, the workshops are totally free, but you must pre-register. Childcare is available at both workshop locations.
1. Nov 9th in the morning (9:45-10:45), Simplify the Season will be held at the First United Methodist Church downtown, with Paula Stiernberg as co-leader. To register for the FUMC workshop, email: Laurie at fumcaustin dot org.
2. November 9th in the afternoon, Simplify the Season will be sponsored by the Center for Inquiry, and held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church. To register for the CFI workshop, click here.
Past workshop participants had this to say about Simplify the Season:
“THIS WAS GREAT!”
“It really helped me stop and be more conscious of what we really want from the holiday.”
“Refreshing & enlightening!